First and foremostly, we would like to welcome you to FighterZine, where fellow Fibromyalgia patients, or “Fibro Fighterz” as we like to call ourselves, can come and find the latest news on Fibromyalgia, share your stories, vent your frustrations and more.
We are all in this together, a big old “Fibro Family” is what we are! – and we are glad you are visiting our site. This is our online meeting place, share ideas with each other, and publicize our mission of creating awareness of this well-known, but yet underfunded disease, lacking the proper research we deserve.
Our mission statement is simple:
- To provide a safe environment for Fibromyalgia and chronic illness patients to come and discuss their trials, triumphs, hardships, ups, downs, good and bad days. If anyone understands chronic pain and illness and what goes along with it, each and every one of us do.
- We continually strive to educate the unaware of the existence of Fibromyalgia syndrome, and to help the people who don’t understand, the debilitating effects of Fibrmyalgia syndrome on one’s physical and emotional well-being.
- Believe in the importance of distraction and the necessity of fun in our lives. We may have Fibromyalgia, but it does not have us. We cannot and will not let illness and pain rule our lives or define who we are!
- To encourage one another on our low days and to advocate on behalf of each other when we are unable to communicate .
- Finally, last but not least, we don’t label ourselves as sufferers, but fighterz.